Goals for November




October flew by so quickly, I almost couldn't believe it was over. But now, a few days into the new month, things are starting to settle a little for me. I think daylight savings made this month's transition even more drastic. If dogs could automatically update to the new time, like my phone did, things would be so much easier. Regardless, welcome November. You've been lovely and cold and I like you. Plus this just puts us that much closer to holiday season and to my favorite month (December, obvi.).

Goals for November                                    

+ Craft, craft, craft, craft, craft. All the crafts. I'm sticking with tradition and making all my Christmas gifts again this year. I really do enjoy putting in a little extra thought and time to make everyone a unique gift. And it's a great option for someone like me, who doesn't have the means to splurge on gifts for everyone, but still enjoys gift giving. I have some really good ideas this time around, if I do say so myself. I have everything planned out (except for gifts for one or two people, ugh) so now it's all about spending many cold days bundled up inside with my sewing machine, knitting needles, sketch book, glue gun, etc.

+ I'm going to make a conscious effort to show the important people in my life how much I love and appreciate them. I hope I do this often, anyway, but with Thanksgiving approaching I am always a bit more aware of outwardly acknowledging how much I adore them.

+ Go on more walks. I realized this morning that I hadn't taken the pups for a walk around the neighborhood for quite awhile. I am a bad pup mama. I'm going to try my hardest not to use the cold weather as an excuse. Because I have coats and boots and Pippin has a few sweaters (and I do actually like the cold). Just stop being a lazy butt. Walks make us all happy, the pups and me both.

+ I'm taking inspiration from Jessica's November Goals and also adding an attempt to keep my nails painted. I like having pretty nails, but aside from keeping them cut short I am usually too lazy to care about doing them. I feel more inspired with a pop of color on the tips of my fingers, though, so I'll really make an effort. I need all the inspiration I can get this month. I think I'll go put on a bright red polish when I'm done here.

+ Read and drink a mug of hot tea in bed and snuggle Pippin (and my love) and just enjoy all those little things everyday.

Do you have goals for this month?
How are you preparing for the quickly approaching holidays?

xx Emorie

7 comments :

  1. Making gifts is such a magical and wonderful thing, but I've always struggled with it. I have 4 brothers in law and I find it so hard to make gifts for them, with my sister it's easy to make jewelry or knit a scarf but I have no idea what to make for them. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently painted my nails for the first time in a LONG TIME and loved how put-together I felt and looked. But, then they started chipping.... They definitely require maintenance, but I think it's a great reminder to spend some time on yourself regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really lazy about painting my nails, too. It doesn't help that my sister has this weird aversion to nail polish so sometimes I can't paint them because I don't want her to blow up a storm and sometimes I can't paint them because I want to be able to paint them later if I want my sister to go away... even if it's screaming. It's all very terrible. The worst part though is knowing what an extra inspiration it is to have my nails painted a noticeable color and yet feeling too tired to warrant it. Like I'll think I want red nails but the thought of having red nail energy exhausts me. How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading about other people's goals- forces one to also work on living more deliberately.


    Good luck on the all crafted/homemade gifts. Love the thought and dedication that must go into that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the guys are more difficult to craft for indeed. Last year I sewed each of them a couple bow-ties. And I made my boyfriend a painting on some cool old wood I found at our first apartment. I'm still struggling with ideas for them all this year haha. I am no help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have a hard time convincing myself it will be worth the effort. But I did paint them a bold red while watching TV the other day. And now they're already chipping. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading other people's goals too. It reminds me of something I might have missed and need to add to my own. I won't be adding the nail polish goal to mine though. As much as I like the look of nail polish, I hate having my nails touched! Eek! It feels so icky to me. I have my November goals posted here http://acoinforthewell.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-month-new-me.html if you want to check them out :)
    Suzanne
    A Coin For the Well

    ReplyDelete