Sweet Potato Ranch Thin-Crust Pizza


Sometimes great things just happen to me completely unexpected, you know? This pizza was one of them. I think the reason it was so great was I was about like 5 minutes away from eating crackers in some form for dinner. Because I hadn't been to the grocery store in some time but was way too hungry to go there now. Does that ever happen to you? This was on Saturday, my "cheat" day, and I had been craving pizza like a mad woman (as per usual). So finally I just decided I would find what ever vegetables we had left in the refrigerator and make my self one. Because I will do anything for pizza.

Now that you have the back story, this pizza turned out way better than expected. I used ranch for the sauce, because hey, why not? (also because there was nothing else) and topped it with a combination of sweet potato, spinach, and red onion. I, of course, realized as soon as I was pulling this out of the oven that I had a can of artichokes hearts. I was pretty upset about not discovering that earlier, so if you have them include them. Because artichokes make literally everything better.

As always, I recommend sipping on some red wine will you prepare this.








Sweet Potato Ranch Pizza, makes one large thin crust pizza

Pizza Dough, I always use this recipe

1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 a sweet potato, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/4 to 1/2 a cup ranch dressing (I used Newman's Own)
dried basil and oregano, to taste



Begin by making your pizza dough (feel free to use my recipe), kneading it and then rolling it out to the size of your pizza pan or stone. Let it sit while you cut up all the vegetables you will be topping the pizza with. I heated up the sweet potato in the microwave for about 4 minutes first, to get it a bit tender. Then, using a spatula apply a thin even coat of ranch dressing to your crust, using about 1/4-1/2 a cup depending on how large your pizza ends up being. Then layer the veggies on. Finish by topping with fresh mozzarella, feta crumbles and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. I always cook mine for 20 minutes and then turn the broiler on high and let it get all crisp and bubbly for another minute or two.





Slice up into pieces of desired size and serve with some balsamic vinegar for dipping. Or smother it in more ranch like Will did. To each their own.

Enjoy!

3 comments :

  1. This looks incredible! I stumbled across your blog today and I'm so glad I did as it is lovely! i'm your newest follower and I look forward to reading more. xx


    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love when inspiration strikes and you can make something delicious out of the ingredients you already have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen SeuberlingJuly 05, 2013

    I really love when you HAVE to have something, and so you make it with whatever you have! Somehow, they always turn out amazing.

    ReplyDelete