Learning to Trust Myself: A Quick Revolt Check-In Week 8

I am going to leave this Revolt check-in pretty short, as I am already late in posting it and will be posting an update for week 9 at the end of the week (with more progress pictures!). But I did still wanted to touch base real quick and let you know how I'm feeling.

^An old picture, I know, but it seemed fitting. And this wasn't too long ago but my arms already look thinner/more toned!^


Last week you may remember me not feeling too excited or motivated about Revolt or workouts in general. I'm happy to say my fitness mood is much better as of late. How did I accomplish this? I gave myself a frakkin break. I think I had all these expectations that as I continued with Revolt and once I reached a certain level things would suddenly be easy. That I wouldn't really have to work at it is as much. That I would be stronger, and thus better able to do everything. And yes, my endurance has improved exponentially and I am a million times stronger than when I began. But guess what? It is still hard work. And that is how it should be. I should always be pushing myself; there is always room for improvement. I mean, seriously, it isn't called a workout for nothing.

You may also remember last week that I am not going to post measurements anymore. I am going to stick to that, as I am not even taking them anymore. I will post my final measurements after 12 weeks, and I will include progress pictures from time to time. But I do not feel comfortable sharing measurements anymore for the reason that I became obsessive over them. I'd weigh myself multiple time a day, everyday, and stare at myself in the mirror before a shower nitpicking every little thing I still wanted to change. Which is ridiculous! Because I was seeing great results. Healthy results. I've been learning how to live healthier, but I've really got to learn how to think healthy too. I want a positive body image just as much as a super awesome strong toned body!

So now I am learning to really trust myself and my body. My workouts have improved greatly because of it. I know my strengths and when to push myself. But I also know when to give myself a little break, even if it means taking a workout easy or even pushing a workout back a day. Listening to my body will not halt or slow my progress; I wish I wasn't slow in realizing this. And I am realizing that as I have increased my fitness level, physical activity has become a normal part of my day. I am wanting to get out so much more. Don't get me wrong, I love relaxing days (or weekends) at home, but they now make me feel restless.

I hope you understand why I have made this change in my check-in posts. And I'll have some progress pictures for you at the end of this week. I hope you lovelies are all feeling happy and healthy!

P.s. The food is soooo good this week. I don't even know.

Disclaimer: I was chosen as a Revolt Fitness Program blogger and received free membership to try the fitness program. All results are real and my own. All opinions expressed are my own

1 comment :

  1. I think that maintaining a positive body image while working out is SO difficult, but SO important. The culture around health and exercise is so geared towards losing weight because an individual doesn't love their body, and is often so negative. It's so easy to get stuck in this cycle of negativity. Lady, do whatever it takes to keep on loving yourself!

    ReplyDelete